PE FUNDING ALLOCATION
Sports Premium 2013
The new sports funding initiative has evolved from the legacy of the Olympics. Every child is entitled to 2 hours per week of physical exercise. Currently at Upland primary each child receives an Indoor and Outdoor PE session. Yr6 and Yr5 for 3 terms go swimming as part of their PE curriculum.
The Government are issuing schools with more than 90 pupils a lump sum of £8000 then an additional £5 per pupil. We are therefore set to receive around £11,000..
At Upland we had already started to plan what and where we would be using this funding to benefit the children..
We intend to use the funding to
- improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and ensure children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles. We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
• Hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
• CPD for staff.
• Improving existing resources/equipment for teaching PE.
• Training for support staff including Mid-day supervisors on active lunchtimes.
• Providing places for pupils for after school sport clubs.
• Increasing participation in school sport.
• Providing opportunities for children to compete (i.e. in tournaments and fixtures between the local cluster primary schools).
The impact will be measured by:
• A greater confidence in planning and delivery of high quality PE lessons.
• A deeper understanding of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum 2014.
• Assessments of pupils skills and development in PE.
• Increased participation in PE and Sport, including links to local clubs and organisations.
ga('create', 'UA-63149357-1', 'auto');